In this book Mr. Foreman draws from his own personal experience in writing this book. He is best known for his “products” such as the George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine, George Foreman Knockout Cleaner, fitness videos, Elgin watches and a clothing line with Casual Male, among others.
Mr. Foreman takes the lessons he's learned throughout life and uses them to show how you can be successful in your own "ring" in life. You will not find a get rich quick manual in this book; instead, Mr. Foreman consistently emphasizes that hard work; persistence and dedication are crucial elements in any plan for success. He also stresses the link between job satisfaction and family life.
Sprinkled throughout the book are Georgisms, his words of advice to help achieve success, such as:
- Being successful depends upon having a great team around you and especially someone who will tell you the truth
- Success depends upon what you put into it - your life, your business, your career and your family
- Success often includes failure at some point - how you respond to failure will define you
Know your competition - study the competition, learn what makes your competitor good and what their weak points are
- Take responsibility for the products and services you endorse, it is your name (legacy) and reputation at stake
- Significance and legacy - are you leaving behind something that is honoring to your friends, family and God.
This is a book review for Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger. This book is also a Nelson-free book, along with the hard copy; you also get an eBook and an audio version. I recommend this book for your personal library as well as public libraries.