Tim Farnsworth walks. He walks out of meetings and out of bed. He walks in sweltering heat and numbing cold. He will walk without stopping until he falls asleep, wherever he is. This curious affliction has baffled medical experts around the globe--and come perilously close to ruining what should be a happy life. Tim has a loving family, a successful law career and a beautiful suburban home, all of which he maintains spectacularly well until his feet start moving again.
What drives a man to stay in a marriage, in a job? What forces him away? Is love or conscience enough to overcome the darker, stronger urges of the natural world? THE UNNAMED is a deeply felt, luminous novel about modern life, ancient yearnings, and the power of human understanding.
Joshua Ferris received an MFA from UC Irvine. His work has appeared in the New Yorker, New Stories from the South, Best New American Voices, Prairie Schooner, GQ, and the New York Times. He lives in upstate New York.
Thanks to Hachette for this Giveaway.
- One entry only - Please comment on why you want this book.
- Leave your email (I cannot contact you without your email)
- Only residents of the US and Canada may enter
- Please no PO Boxes!!!
- The drawing will last till February 26
- Random number generator will be used - 3 copies to give away
- I will post the winners here on February 27
- Winners have 48 hours to reply or a new winner will be selected