Over the course of his 60 years, Christopher Hitchens has been a citizen of both the United States and the United Kingdom. He has been both a socialist opposed to the war in Vietnam and a supporter of the U.S. war against Islamic extremism in Iraq. He has been both a foreign correspondent in some of the world's most dangerous places and a legendary bon vivant with an unquenchable thirst for alcohol and literature. He is a fervent atheist, raised as a Christian, by a mother whose Jewish heritage was not revealed to him until her suicide.
In other words, Christopher Hitchens contains multitudes. He sees all sides of an argument. And he believes the personal is political.
About the Author
Christopher Hitchens is a contributing editor to Vanity Fair and a visiting professor of liberal studies at the New School. He is the author of numerous books, including works on Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, George Orwell, Mother Teresa, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Henry Kissinger, and his #1 New York Times bestseller and National Book Award nominee, God Is Not Great.
Thanks to Hachette for this giveaway.
- One entry only - Please comment on why you want this book
- Be sure to leave your e-mail if you don't have a blogger ID. Bloggers - you must have a public profile and listed e-mail to find you
- Only residents of the US and Canada may enter
- Please NO PO Boxes!!!
- Random number generator will be used - 3 copies to give away
- The drawing will last till July 17
- I will post the winners here on July 18
- Winners have 48 hours to reply or a new winner will be selected
- Extra entry - Become a follower