I first installed in on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine. It did install but it did not work, it kept giving me an error upon execution. I uninstalled the software and proceeded to install it on a 32-bit laptop running also Windows 7. It worked perfectly in that environment. Make sure to check which version you have before installing the software.
This software is well suited for scrapbookers, photography enthusiasts, families and creative minds of all ages (including children -- especially small children), Paint it! features art tools and painting presets that are both simple and intuitive. This makes it easier than ever for anyone to use theirown photos to create unique digital art photos that are perfect for framing or sharing.
I picked a picture of my family and tried all the preset painting styles. I really liked using the software, it was very easy and the results speak for themselves. See below for some samples. The painting styles included are:
- Oil - Transforms an image using a combination of short dabs and longer brushstrokes to simulate the color and texture of oil paint
- Impressionist - Transforms an image by applying short and distinct brushstrokes to create the illusion of movement and light.
- Sponge (lets you add color and texture to your painting or photo by using short dabs or long strokes)
- Airbrush (lets you apply a fine stream of color to your painting or photo)
- Spray Paint (lets you apply a wide spray of color to your painting or photo)
- Smudge (lets you blend areas of adjacent color)
- Furry Brush (lets you add a fun, furry effect to your painting or photo)
- Fire Brush (lets you add flames to your painting or photo)
- Fairy Dust (lets you apply a whimsical effect or border to your painting or photo)
- Neon Pen (lets you create the illusion of glowing brushstrokes)
- Leaf Brush (lets you add a series of leaf images to your painting or photo)
- Distortion Brush (lets you distort an area of your photo to achieve a dramatic effect)
- Pattern Pen (lets you add a patterned stroke to your painting or photo)
- Wave Brush (lets you distort an area of your photo to produce a ripple effect)
- Dissolver Brush (lets you blur or soften the details of your photo).
- Windows XP®, Windows Vista® or Windows® 7 (with latest Service Pack)
- Pentium® IV, 700 MHz or greater
- 1 GB of RAM
- 24-bit color display
- 1024 × 768 screen resolution
- 140 MB of hard disk space for installation
- One entry only - Please comment on why you want this software
- Be sure to leave your e-mail if you don't have a blogger ID. Bloggers - you must have a public profile and listed e-mail to find you
- Only residents of the US and Canada may enter
- Please NO PO Boxes!!!
- Random number generator will be used - 1 copy to give away
- The drawing will last till July 1
- I will post the winners here on July 2
- Winners have 48 hours to reply or a new winner will be selected
- Extra entry - Become a follower