Old World Tips for a Glamorous New You
DON'T SPEND A FORTUNE TO LOOK FLAWLESS
Esthetician to the stars Raisa Ruder learned her time-tested beauty techniques from her Ukrainian grandmother (or babushka, as they say in the old country). Now everyone can discover the all-natural, better-than-botox secrets the Hollywood stars use to shine on the red carpet! Ruder reveals her sought-after beauty recipes that can fight wrinkles, plump lips, and eliminate crow's feet and acne, using inexpensive, everyday grocery items like eggs, honey, vegetable oil and strawberries (and a splash of vodka for freshness!).
At last, by popular demand, Raisa Ruder opens up her babushka's secret pantry and shares her most amazing and effective beauty advice:
- Skin-saving Soufflés - whipped up wonders that shrink pores, brighten skin, and diminish lines
- Chocolate weight-loss wrap- a moment on the hips, tightens, tucks, and nips!
- Hot hair- a cayenne pepper blend that leaves locks silky, soft, and full
- PediPure- a soothing, smoothing foot scrub made with milk and mint
- Lustrous Lashes - a simple castor oil serum that thickens and lengthens
- Perfect Pucker- a mix of salt, green tea, and fruit that plumps up lips naturally
- And much more...
About the Authors
Raisa Ruder was a registered nurse in her native Ukraine when she decided to move to the United States fifteen years ago. For seven years she worked at the famed Anastasia salon doing eyebrows and facials until opening her own West Hollywood salon in 2005. She noticed the large amount of preservatives in American products and decided to introduce her Babushka's old world beauty recipes in her salon. She quickly became LA's go-to-girl. Her clients include: Madonna,Tyra Banks, Molly Simms, Ali Larter, Nicolette Sheridan and others.
Susan Campos is a broadcast and print journalist. She is a former anchor for the national weekend edition of Today. She's reported for Dateline and hosted numerous entertainment shows on MSNBC. She currently writes trend stories on beauty for The New York Times' "Styles" section and its T Magazine, and is a contributing editor for Radar Magazine.
Thanks to Hachette for this giveaway.
- One entry only - Please comment on why you want this book
- Be sure to leave your e-mail if you don't have a blogger ID. Bloggers - you must have a public profile and listed e-mail to find you
- Only residents of the US and Canada may enter
- Please NO PO Boxes!!!
- The drawing will last till June 25
- Random number generator will be used - 3 copies to give away
- I will post the winners here on June 26
- Winners have 48 hours to reply or a new winner will be selected
- Extra entry - Become a follower