Her marriage challenged by an insane, irresistible love affair, Julie decides to leave town and immerse herself in a new obsession: butchery. She finds her way to Fleischer's, a butcher shop where she buries herself in the details of food. She learns how to break down a side of beef and French a rack of ribs--tough, physical work that only sometimes distracts her from thoughts of afternoon trysts.
The camaraderie at Fleischer's leads Julie to search out fellow butchers around the world--from South America to Europe to Africa. At the end of her odyssey, she has learned a new art and perhaps even mastered her unruly heart.
After a misspent youth involving loads of dead-end jobs and several questionable decisions, Julie Powell, author of Julie & Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously, has found her calling as a writer-cum-butcher. She lives in Long Island City, Queens, when she isn't in Kingston, NY, cutting up animals.Thanks to Hachette for this Giveaway.
- One entry only - Please comment on why you want this book.
- Leave your email (I cannot contact you without your email)
- Only residents of the US and Canada may enter
- Please no PO Boxes!!!
- The drawing will last till December 25
- Random number generator will be used - 3 copies to give away
- I will post the winners here on December 26
- Winners have 48 hours to reply or a new winner will be selected